jQuery plugins are not only easy to use but also makes websites professional and beautiful by using various Image sliders, image viewer, google maps plugins. But keeping track of new jQuery plugins releases is very difficult, everyday something new and better comes which we want to use in our webpages.
So, in this post, I have compiled a list of 20 of the best jQuery plugins of March 2010 which are really cool and very useful. Check the list below as I am sure you will find something new and useful plugin here which you surely want to use in the future for your website.
You may be interested in the following related articles as well
- 20+ Adobe Air Applications For Designers And Developers
- 20 Useful iPad Accesories
- 20+ Best Advertising Networks And Review Sites For Bloggers
- 25 Useful Stock Photography Sites
1) jPhotoGrid : This plugin takes a simple list of images and captions and turns it into a grid of photos that can be explored and zoomed.
2) maxImage – jQuery Image Scaler : maxImage is a jquery plugin that automatically scales images based on how much room they have in the browser window. The image will always fill your browser window.
6) Simplethumbs : It is a simple thumbnail gallery script for jQuery. Simplethumbs is an easy to use thumbnails script for jQuery for quick thumbnails gallery creation. It also has an autoplay feature for automatic cycling of the images. It is a very basic script, but is easy to configure with 4 callbacks to easily integrate with custom code if needed.
8 ) jQuery Slider(Safari Style): jQuery Slider is easy to use and multifunctional jQuery plugin.
9) Mapbox – Zoomabe jQuery Map Plugin : The jQuery mapbox() plugin is for creating relatively small scale, zoomable, draggable maps with multiple layers of content. This framework could be applied to games, development plans, or any layout that could benefit from being able to zoom in and pan to get a better view.
10) jQuery.Sheet : jQuery.sheet gives you all sorts of possibilities when it comes to giving your web application a spreadsheet style interface with MS Excel style calculations.jQuery.sheet manages the sheet creation, viewing, and editing processes. It can even be used like a datagrid, without calculations.
12) (MB) Extruder : This jquery component let you easly build a sliding panel where to insert any kind of content; it has builtin all the functionalities for managing menu lines and sub panels with accordion effect. It can get the content via ajax and therefore you can dynamically build it by passing DATA via request using the metadata attribute settable on the extruder container.
13) jMagnify : jQuery jMagnify, plugin attach a ola effect to some text following the mouse position.
14) jQuery Simple Multiselect : This plugin replaces a standard multi-select with a simplified version that doesn’t require ctrl+click to select multiple options. Each click simply toggles the given option on or off. This hides the original multi-select, and builds a replacement, but keeps the original updated so that when when your form is submitted, the selected options are submitted.
15) jMultiselect2side : Multiselect (html select with parameter multiple=”multiple”) normally are very difficult to use. In this plugin, the select is double (double side select), the right one with the selected element, the left side for insert other element.
16) Text2Pass : Text2Pass is a JQuery plugin, which can be used to temporarily place text in a password field. It’s purpose is to prompt a user to Enter their password in a login or registration form, by appending text such as “Enter Password” in the password field. The text you place inside is fully customizable, and can be used on multiple fields per page.
17) Scrollable Fixed Header Table : This plugin allows html tables to be scrollable horizontally and vertically while headers are still visible and in tack with the columns.
18) Pines Notify : Pines Notify is a Growl like notification plugin.
20) jOla : This plugin help to add Ola effect on the text.